Melbourne is committed to becoming a cycling city with safe and connected bicycle routes. We're developing a four year action plan to realise this vision. We welcome your feedback on the draft Bicycle Plan 2016-2020 until 22 November 2015.
The second phase of community engagement on the draft Bicycle Plan 2016-2020 has now concluded. Project updates are provided below.
Timeline item 1
Discussion of key themes at Bicycle Forum
Timeline item 2
January to March 2015
Engagement with key stakeholders
Timeline item 3
13 April to 8 May 2015
Community engagement period
Timeline item 4
May to September 2015
Review feedback and prepare draft Bicycle Plan 2016-2020
Timeline item 5
Draft Bicycle Plan 2016-2020 presented to Council
Timeline item 6
14 October to 22 November 2015
Community engagement on draft Bicycle Plan 2016-2020
Timeline item 7
Final Bicycle Plan 2016-2020 presented to Future Melbourne Committee for endorsement
Timeline item 8
Implementation of Bicycle Plan projects and programs. On-going community engagement.
- What can I provide feedback on?
The plan is a draft you are welcome to provide feedback on all or parts of the plan that you are interested in. Topics covered include:
- A cycling city
- Planning for people to ride bikes
- A connected bicycle network
- Facilities for bicycles
- A safer environment for people to ride bikes
- Encouraging more people to ride
- Measuring our success
- How was the information gathered on the previous online map used?
We had over 7000 contributions to the online map. These contributions were analysed and the rich and detailed information provided to us assisted to prioritise actions for the draft bicycle plan. The actions are based on what the community has told us is important.
- How long is feedback on the draft plan open for?
The Participate Melbourne survey will be open for contributions until 20 November 2015.
People can also feedback in the following ways:
- Attend the City of Melbourne marquee at Ride2Work Day at City Square 7-9am, Wednesday 14 October 2015.
- Attend the next Bicycle Forum 7.30pm Wednesday 18 November 2015 at Town Hall, 100 Swanston Street, Melbourne
- Email us with your detailed feedback
- Call us on 9658 9658 or write to Engineering Services at the City of Melbourne, P.O. Box 1603, Melbourne, VIC 3001.
- What happens to the data collected?
The feedback from the survey and submissions will be used to inform the City of Melbourne's final Bicycle Plan 2016-2020. Contributions will help ensure that the plan meets the needs of the local community. We welcome them all.
All submissions will be publically available unless the community member explicitly requests that they should not be published.
- How will my personal information be used?
- Do you delete any contributions?
- What if I make a mistake or want to change something?
If you need to change something, email email@example.com and we'll help sort it out.