Carlton Connect panel appointed
February 17, 2015
A Panel has been appointed to consider the Amendment and the submissions made in response to it. The appointed members of the Panel are Kathy Mitchell (Chair) and Brett Davis.
The role of the Panel is to:
- Give submitters an opportunity to be heard in an independent forum in an informal, non-judicial manner
- Give independent advice to the Planning Authority and the Minister about the proposed Amendment.
The hearing process has two stages: the Directions Hearing and the Public Heating
Stage 1: Directions Hearing
The purpose of the Directions Hearing is to:
- Consider any preliminary or procedural issues and give directions about the conduct of the Hearing including the exchange of any expert witness reports
- Make arrangements for the Hearing, including the Timetable and Hearing venue
- Answer any questions people may have about the Hearing.
A directions hearing will be held at:
10.00am, Monday 2 March 2015
Hearing Room 1
Planning panels Victoria
Ground Floor, 1 Spring Street, Melbourne
Stage 2: Public Hearing
The purpose of the Public Hearing is to give people an opportunity to speak in support of their written submission.
The Public Hearing is open to all submitters and the public to attend. This hearing is scheduled for Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 April 2015 at Planning Panels Victoria.
Planning Panels Victoria has advised all submitters of the directions hearing and panel hearing dates and submitters will have an opportunity to make a verbal presentation to the Panel.
If you have any queries regarding the Panel process, please contact Planning Panels Victoria on (03) 8392 6397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.