City of Melbourne is committed to engaging our communities in decision making processes in robust, rigorous and meaningful ways. To help us achieve best practice community engagement, we have a Community Engagement Consultancy Services Register.
The Community Engagement Consultancy Services Register will ensure the organisation has easy access to:
- Quality, cost effective and competitive engagement support.
- New or improved innovations, methods and techniques.
- Insight into cutting-edge community engagement practices.
Successful applicants will work with project teams and City of Melbourne's Community Engagement team to deliver high standard services for the organisation and the community it serves.
Applications have now closed.
Scope of services
The register consists of four categories. These categories have sub-categories and applicants are encouraged to submit an application for consideration in categories where they have the experience, resources, capability and capacity to respond. Applicants can respond to more than one category within the application.
Services required may include (but are not limited to) designing, delivering, reporting or evaluating activities associated with the following:
1. Community engagement strategies, plans, programs and activities including:
- deliberative democracy
- complex planning
- event management
- other deliberative techniques such as participatory budgeting.
2. Digital engagement software and custom development including:
- feedback tools e.g. forums, surveys, interactive mapping
- deliberative tools e.g. idea generation, budget simulators, co-authoring
- information tools e.g. digital storytelling, animation, visualisations, 3D modelling
- the ability to 'scan the horizon' for emerging innovations and technology.
4. Workshop facilitation.
Applicants who express interest to work with the City of Melbourne should be prepared to provide evidence that they have the attributes required. Deliverables required of Applicants will be tailored to individual projects and may include all or part of the overall deliverables or project life cycle.
Timeline item 1 - complete
5 October 2019
Timeline item 2 - complete
21 November 2019
Timeline item 3 - complete
Letters of acceptance issued