Draft concept plan
See the draft plan
Following community consultation in December, 2017, it was clear that there was wide-spread support for the draft concept plan.
Four key messages emerged from the consultation: a desire to see the new play space expanded with a focus on the 0 to 5 age group; support for basketball but at a different location; the need for a dog off-lead area; and community gardening. The concept plan has been updated to reflect this feedback.
Four key changes have been made to the final concept plan in response:
- A proposal to provide basketball and multi-use court activities at the Kings Way Undercroft in conjunction with City Road Master Plan Action 2 (Reimagine Kings Way Undercroft as a community space) meeting the needs of both sites.
- A proposal to investigate the creation of a designated dog off-lead area and landscaping adjacent to the tram stop in Moray Street.
- A communal garden is proposed at the City Road forecourt of Boyd Park.
- The play space has also been extended into the park expansion on Kavanagh Street with a focus on toddler play.
Summary of engagement
Final concept plan
The final plan includes the following key features:
- a community park with trees, lawns and access to nature
- areas for children’s play
- spaces for quiet relaxation
- barbecue and picnic facilities
- community and event gathering spaces
- park expansion into Kavanagh Street
- a communal garden
- improved park amenity with new seating, lighting and waste facilities.