Help shape the future of Docklands
We’re looking for diverse people with energy, passion and ideas to help lead the Docklands Community Forum. The forum connects people to stay informed on, and collaborate on issues and projects in Docklands.
Whether you're a resident, worker or visitor, this is a unique opportunity to shape the future of Docklands.
Expressions of Interest are open from 28 March to 7 May 2018.
The Docklands Community Forum was established in 2012 as an interim measure to help inform the implementation of the Docklands Community and Place Plan and the development of Docklands into its second decade.
Over this time, Docklands has grown and transformed considerably and there are now over over 10,000 residents and 50,000 workers in Docklands. In 2017, the City of Melbourne undertook a review of the forum, and gathered feedback from the community to understand how it could be improved. Based on these findings, we are implementing a range of recommendations to help increase participation in the forum and align it to better meet current community interests and needs.
The forum has previously been convened by the City of Melbourne with support from Development Victoria. From 2018, we are beginning to transition the forum to enable it to be a genuinely community led initiative in 2019.
Submitting an expression of interest
We’re looking for a diverse group of people with energy, passion and ideas to help further improve Docklands as a place for everyone. The Docklands Representative Group will comprise of between 12 and 20 people to help organise and lead the forum quarterly.
People who can:
- Connect to the Docklands community to share and promote the forum, as well as encourage greater and more diverse community involvement in the forum and projects arising from it.
- Act as facilitators to ensure the diverse views of the Docklands community are considered and represented in discussions and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with members to develop a new Terms of Reference and ways of working for the forum.
- As appropriate, identify and undertake community-led initiatives that respond to local needs.
- Organise, run and promote quarterly Docklands Community Forum meetings with support from City of Melbourne and Development Victoria.
- Undertake roles within the meeting as required, such as chairing, minute taking and other responsibilities.
- Attend quarterly Docklands Community Forum public meetings (held on Wednesdays in 2018) and monthly meetings of the Docklands Representative Group. Times and days to be agreed with group once members appointed.
- Demonstrate respectful engagement and behaviour towards others including community members, City of Melbourne officers, Development Victoria staff and other stakeholders.
- Act with integrity, confidentiality, diligence and care.
Applicants need to meet the following key criteria:
- Live, work or be part of a group or business based or operating in Docklands
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for Docklands
- Capacity and willingness to undertake the roles and responsibilities of Docklands Representative Group members as outlined above
In the aim of attracting diverse community members to the Docklands Representative Group, members need to represent one of more of the following perspectives:
- Local residents, with a spread of members from across Docklands to represent and connect the diverse geographical areas of Docklands
- Members of local community and business groups
- Local businesses, large corporations and their workers
- Experience with waterways, preferably owning, operating or managing a water-based business.
- Families with children
- Young people aged 16-25
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD)
- Person with a disability, or carer of a person with a disability
- Environmental sustainability
- Social justice and inclusion
- Public transport and bike users
Interested community members are encouraged to complete an Expression of Interest form below.
Alternatively, you can download the Expression of Interest 2018 form and deliver via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Placemaking and Engagement Branch
Docklands Representative Group Application
City of Melbourne
GPO Box 1603
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
- In person: Melbourne Town Hall , Administration Building, 120 Swanston Street, Melbourne, 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (Public holidays excluded).
Applications close on Monday 7 May at 5pm.
Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview in the week beginning 28 May 2018.
If you require any further information regarding the forum and lodging an expression of interest, please contact:
Melanie Del Monaco
Community Engagement Partner
Ph 9658 8092 (Tuesday - Friday)
Submit an Expression of Interest
We’re looking for diverse people with energy, passion and ideas to help lead the Docklands Community Forum.
Complete the form below to submit an Expression of Interest. Alternatively download the Expression of Interest 2018 form. Submissions close 7 May 2018.