Hardware Lane is one of Melbourne’s most loved laneway destinations. The City of Melbourne is upgrading the laneway to renew the streetscape and attract more visitors to the space.
- upgrading the existing road surface by replacing the red brick with bluestone pavers
- upgrading the stormwater drainage (completed in 2020)
- replacing 12 declining trees with 14 new trees
- installing new catenary lighting.
Have your say
You can share feedback on the proposed upgrade by:
- Completing the online survey below.
- Attending one of the pop-up sessions.
Consultation closes 5pm on 15 August.
Wednesday 11 August 2021 11:30 am – 02:00 pm
Timeline item 1 - complete
Consultation on the concept plan
28 August to 26 September 2018
Timeline item 2 - complete
20 July to 20 October 2020
Timeline item 3 - active
Consultation on proposed design
16 July to 15 August 2021
Timeline item 4 - active
Implementation of proposed design for Stage 1 works (Bourke to Little Bourke)
2021-2022 financial year (subject to results of this engagement)