Key proposed changes
As part of Stage 1 we’re upgrading Hardware Lane from Bourke Street to Little Bourke Street to ensure it continues to be a vibrant, safe and accessible Melbourne laneway.
We’ll do this by:
- upgrading the existing red brick road surface to bluestone paving
- replacing 12 declining trees with 14 new trees
- installing DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant ramps and tactile ground surface indicators to improve accessibility
- upgrading the bollards used for intermittent road closures (no change to operating hours)
- installing a public safety barrier alongside the private driveway of the adjacent car park
- new street furniture such as tree guards and grates.