Drawing class with Laneway Learning
Learn how to draw Melbourne’s ornate heritage buildings in a free virtual art class with Laneway Learning.
Artist Marloes Bakker-Marsden will guide the process, offering tips and advice on how to use watercolours, pens or markers to create a drawing of your favourite heritage building. This class is suited to any age and skill level.
What will we cover?
This beginners painting & drawing class will focus on:
- Using watercolours, pens and illustration skills to recreate your favourite Melbourne heritage buildings.
- Drawing buildings, composition and using perspective.
- Basics of watercolour washes and ink.
What will you need?
- Paper – ideally watercolour paper, but any thick paper will do.
- Pencil, ruler and eraser.
- Watercolours, or coloured markers (ideally brush tipped but not essential).
- Brushes, glass of water, paper towel.
- Reference pictures of your favourite Melbourne landscape, laneway or streetscape.
- We will provide you with a heritage building from the Hoddle Grid Heritage Review to draw.
Drawing Hoddle Grid Heritage Buildings with Marloes
Monday 16 November 2020 06:15 pm – 07:30 pm
Monday 16 November 2020 07:45 pm – 09:00 pm