Amendment C365 proposes to apply the Heritage Overlay to 372-378 Little Bourke Street (Chart House) on a permanent basis, recognising the entirety of the subject site as contributory to the Guildford and Hardware Laneways Heritage Precinct. An interim Heritage Overlay was introduced to the subject site through Amendment C355 in August 2019, set to expire in June 2020.
Amendment C365 will implement the recommendations of the Guildford and Hardware Laneways Heritage Study May 2017 (Updated September 2019), which was revised to recognise Chart House as a contributory building to the Guildford and Hardware Laneways Precinct.
Amendment C365 will:
- Amend the schedule to Clause 43.01 (Heritage Overlay) to remove reference to the interim heritage control applying to 372-278 Little Bourke Street and change the date of the Guildford and Hardware Laneways Heritage Study incorporated documents.
- Amend the incorporated documents in the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to include: Guildford and Hardware Laneways Heritage Study 2017: Heritage Inventory (Amended September 2019) and Guildford and Hardware Laneways Heritage Study 2017: Statements of Significance (Amended September 2019).
- Update the local policy reference at Clause 22.04 to reflect the amended date of the Guildford and Hardware Laneways Heritage Study and title of the Statements of Significance.
- Amend the Planning Scheme Map No 8HO1 to update the Guildford and Hardware Laneways Precinct (HO1205) with a permanent Heritage Overlay control for this property.
Map of area affected by Amendment C365:
As directed by the Panel, the Council’s Part A submission to Amendment C365 and the expert witness statements are available in the document library below:
- Peter Barrett
- Robyn Riddett
- Jim Gard’ner
Submissions have been reviewed by Council and referred to an independent panel. A panel hearing will be held on Monday 9 December and Tuesday 10 December 2019:
- Monday 9 December, 9am to 6pm
Planning Panels Victoria, Hearing Room 2 (Ground Floor)
1 Spring Street, Melbourne
- Tuesday 10 December, 9am to 12pm
Regent Room, Melbourne Town Hall,
120 Swanston Street, Melbourne
A hardcopy of original submissions is available at Council.
Before making a final decision on the amendment, Council will consider the independent panel's advice. If the amendment is adopted by Council, then it will be submitted to the Minister for Planning for final approval.