Draft: Key actions proposed for Precinct 2
Draft key actions
- Upgrade the entry to Kings Domain at Linlithgow Avenue.
- Investigate a new ridge and tree top walk.
- Work with Victorian Arts Centre Trust to upgrade access and interface with Sidney Myer Music Bowl. This will include removing and relocating toilets.
- Provide new meandering walk connecting to Kings Domain Resting Place.
- Create new dedicated bike path connecting Morell Bridge to Southbank Boulevard. This will include repurposing car parks along Linlithgow Avenue.
- Remove slip lanes and upgrade rockeries.
- Trial road closures on Linlithgow Avenue for pedestrian and cycle use. In the short term remove all-day parking and convert to four hour parking in this location.
- Provide raised pedestrian crossings on Linlithgow Avenue.
- Provide new accessible entry at tram stop and links to connect with King George V avenue.