The City of Melbourne is redeveloping the Kensington Community Recreation Centre.
We recently consulted with the community to gain an understanding of your thoughts and ideas for the proposed redevelopment.
The feedback will be used to develop the concept design, which will be available for consultation in September 2019.
Community consultation ran from 29 January to 1 March 2019 and included:
- an online survey
- several face-to-face pop-up sessions
- direct emails to stakeholders.
Throughout the consultations we received more than 420 responses.
What we heard
The consultation showed the community would like:
- more recreation and fitness programs
- a larger gym, more group fitness rooms, additional multi-purpose courts, and a café
- more flexible spaces that can accommodate a variety of community uses
- improvements to the pool, including more lanes and water play features for children
- environmentally sustainable design
- better integration with JJ Holland Park
- improvements to the overall building condition, including change rooms.
Facilities or services community would like to see:
The feedback gathered has been used to guide the Kensington Community Recreation Centre Concept Design.
The concept design will be available for consultation in September 2019.
Follow the Kensington Community Recreation Centre page to receive email updates about this project.